Kids, Ages 5-12, Nature Camps at Butterfly Pavilion
2021-2022 Butterfly Pavilion Camp COVID-19 FAQs
Will we be having camp?
Yes. We are still planning on having in-person camps at Butterfly Pavilion as planned but have made some changes to our operations.
What extra precautions are you taking to ensure the health and safety of campers?
The health and safety of our campers and staff continues to be our top priority. Following current state guidelines, we will be running our camps in line with our childcare license of a total of 25 students per room, with a total of 50 students over summer (two classrooms). Butterfly Pavilion is in frequent contact with the Jefferson County Public Health and is monitoring best practices being released by the American Camp Association. We will be following all public health guidelines for day care centers and camps, and taking extra precautions whenever possible. We will continue to follow our COVID-19 health policy based on current guidelines and best practices. This policy includes detailed information related to:
• what to do if a staff member or camper becomes sick
• protocols for duration and frequency of hand washing
• protocols for cleaning and sanitizing surfaces and supplies
• protocols for snacks and lunch
• availability and use of protective equipment
Because this is an evolving and dynamic situation, we will continue to update our COVID-19 health policy throughout the year and a copy of the current policy based on the most up to date guidelines and best practices will be provided to parents.
Will they have contact with the general public?
Yes. Camps and other private programs will be the only people that have access to the classrooms. In the exhibits and whenever camp is outside, there will be times when we are by the general public. Whether we are inside or outside, campers and camp staff will have the option to wear their masks.
As for the rest of the exhibits, Butterfly Pavilion has opened general admission to full capacity. We cannot guarantee that they will see all exhibits every day but will do our best to plan for the least attended times.
We will be doing outdoor exploration when weather permits, where social distancing can be a little easier. However, camp staff will use their discretion if the area is too crowded with the general public.
What are the main differences that I can expect?
• Check-in/drop-off: We will be maintaining social distancing from parents and families during drop off time, and you may be asked to wait in your car, take a walk on the trail and maintain social distancing during this time
• Masks are now optional per Jefferson County Guidelines.
• We will have even stricter rules for handwashing
• During summer, we intend to still maintain older campers 8-12 in Classroom B, and 5–7-year-olds in Classroom A. This may change based on the numbers of the week, and may require siblings either to be together, or separate. If you have questions or concerns, you may email the camp director at firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I want to withdraw my child from camp?
Due to COVID-19, Butterfly Pavilion has updates its standard cancellation policy to include:
Butterfly Pavilion Cancellation: If we need to cancel a camp prior to the start of camp, families will receive a 100% refund. This includes any instances under which a COVID 19 related change in local, state, or federal regulations makes it impossible for Butterfly Pavilion to deliver camp. If Butterfly Pavilion has to cancel a portion of a camp that has already started in accordance with Jefferson County Public Health
guidelines due to a camper’s suspected or actual COVID-19 illness, families will receive a 100% credit for the unused portion of the camp to be used through summer 2022 or a 50% refund.
COVID-19 Health Cancellation: If a camper is diagnosed with COVID-19 or has any symptoms as defined within current Jefferson County Public Health guidelines pertaining to COVID-19 for day care centers or camps that require the camper not attend camp, families will receive a 100% credit for the unused portion of the camp to be used through Summer 2022 or a 50% refund. In all other instances, Butterfly Pavilion’s standard cancellation policy remains in effect:
• Cancellations with at least 10 business days’ notice will be charged a 10% processing fee, and remainder of cost will be refunded to customer
• All cancellations and transfers must be made via e-mail to the Camp Director at least 10 business days before the date of the camp and will be charged a 10% processing fee, with the remainder of the cost refunded to the customer
• Transfers may only be made into camps that still have availability
• No refund is given for cancellation with less than 5 business days’ notice. This includes absence due to illness
• A full refund will be given to the customer if the Butterfly Pavilion cancels a camp for any reason
Can my child come back to camp if they test positive for any strain of COVID-19?
Yes, your child can come back to camp even if they have tested positive. However, we ask that you follow Jefferson County Guidelines for quarantining. We follow the quarantining standards of Jefferson County childcare facilities and will change our policies when they do. Once these conditions have been met, then your child can attend camp.
Who is the camp staff? Are they trained to deal with this?
Majority of our camp staff are returners and are highly trained educators that will be taking the utmost precautions.
Do you think your camps will sell out? Should I register now, or is it ok to wait a few weeks?
Our camps are slowly filling up already, so try not to wait. If you have questions, or are on the fence, please contact camp director at email@example.com or camp coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens if stay at home orders begin again?
In the event that the local, state, or federal government implements any future orders that would require Butterfly Pavilion to cancel camp, we will provide a 100% refund to families.
My family has been impacted by COVID-19 financially. Will you still offer scholarships?
We will be able to provide an extended payment plan as an alternative to scholarships for the rest of this summer camp season. If you wish to request a scholarship, you can fill out the form here. For questions, please email Brittany at email@example.com