Bugtober: Toxic Terrors - October 1 - 31
Overwhelming pain, paralysis, death in a matter of minutes. Real peril lurks with the fangs, barbs and stingers of the spineless. Move over sharks – these animals give danger a whole new meaning.
Putting abilities like strength or speed to shame, many invertebrates and plants have developed incredible defenses that deliver toxic chemicals to adversaries that try to touch or eat them, or inject toxins directly with fangs, spines, legs and other specialized delivery systems. For humans, falling victim can mean a whole spectrum of consequences, from slight discomfort to intense pain and even death!
Visit Butterfly Pavilion all month long to meet species that use powerful venoms and poisons to ward off predators and dominate unsuspecting prey. It's your chance to live on the edge and get up close and personal with some of nature's most impressive toxic terrors.
Spider Pavilion Returns: Along with all new and unbelievable toxic animals and plants featured throughout exhibits, don't miss the return of the one-of-a-kind spider experience - Spider Pavilion - located in our Wings of the Tropics conservatory all October long. Walk among incredible orb weaving spiders and their intricate web creations.
Bugtober: Toxic Terrors exhibits and Spider Pavilion are included with General Admission.
Bugtober Special Events: Tickets for special events are seperate from exhibits and prices vary, please click links for more details.
- Homeschool Day: Toxic Terrors - October 11, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Slime Time Day Camp - October 12, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Adults Only: Geeks Who Drink Trivia Night - October 12, 6:00 - 8:30 pm
- Talk & Book Signing with Dr. Justin Schmidt (Creator of the Schmidt Pain Index) - October 18, 6:30 - 8:30 pm
- Indoor Trick-or-Treating - October 20 & 21, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Flashlight Tours - October 26 & 27, Tours begin at 5:30, 6:00 and 6:30 pm
Thank you Bugtober sponsors!
BLUE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION