Colorado Backyard Exhibit & Play Area is Reopening!
We are excited to safely re-open our Colorado Backyard exhibit and play area to our members beginning on November 2nd and to the general public on November 7th!
General Admission Ticket with Timed Access to Colorado Backyard Exhibit must be purchased in advance.
Open to Members November 2nd
Open to all on November 7th
This new, timed entry ticket offer will give our guests access to Colorado Backyard, the play area, and a Storytime or Animal Encounter daily program. Guests without the Colorado Backyard ticket and wristband will not have access to this exhibit.
There is no additional charge for this ticket, but spaces are limited, so please make your reservation in advance!
Information for your Visit
All members and guests ages 3 and above will be required to wear a mask covering the nose and face in the facility. Please keep a 6 foot distance from other guests.
- Please have your tickets ready. Printed or electronic tickets must be presented and redeemed at the front desk.
- Members and guests are asked to arrive at their scheduled entry time to check in.
- Once it is time to enter, one guest/family at a time will be asked to approach the Front Desk to check in.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Timed entry tickets are valid only for the date and time reserved. Late arrivals after 15 minutes for timed entry will not be accommodated.
- Your timed entry ticket allows for 40 minutes in Colorado Backyard, followed by self-guided exploration of our indoor exhibits, Gift Shop, and outdoor trails and gardens.
Colorado Backyard Exhibit
Your specific ticket includes access to the Colorado Backyard exhibit and play place. Following check in, you will be given a wristband and directed to Colorado Backyard, bypassing the other three indoor exhibits. You will have access to Colorado Backyard for the first 40 minutes of your visit. Doors to Colorado Backyard will be open for 15 minutes after your timed entry. If you arrive early, you may be asked to queue by the exhibit doors, while maintaining 6 feet of social distance. A daily Storytime or Animal Encounter program will begin 20 minutes into your exhibit time, and guests will also have access to the rear restrooms. The Dug Out touch station will not be available at this time. Access to this exhibit will end 40 minutes into your visit to allow time for the exhibit to be fully cleaned and sanitized prior to the next entry. You will not be allowed to re-enter this exhibit after your time slot has ended.
After your time in Colorado Backyard is over, you will be directed back towards our other indoor exhibits and gift shop for self-guided exploration. We recommend starting with Wings of the Tropics, then Water’s Edge, and ending with Survival! You will exit through the gift shop and may continue to explore our outdoor gardens and nature trail.