Fall Pollinator Plant Sale
Make Monarch Magic in your backyard! The best way to add habitat for migrating monarch butterflies and other pollinators is to have the right plants they need for food and shelter.
Plant Sale opens to all September 12th at 6am MT as long as supplies last
Curbside Pickup is September 19th
$47.99 per pack ($41.99 per pack for current Butterfly Pavilion members)
Please note: This sale is online only. All Pollinator Plant Packs must be pre-purchased. Plants may not be purchased on site. September 19th is the only date available for curbside pickup. Please do not purchase Pollinator Plant Packs if you are unable to pick them up at Butterfly Pavilion on this date.
Fall is a great time to plant perennials in our region – the cooler nights and temperate days help to reduce transplant shock. These plants grow well in outdoor gardens in local conditions, including full sun and clay soil. These flowering perennial plants come in 4” recyclable pots.
Each pack includes:
- 6 pollinator-friendly plants native to Colorado
- 1 3 oz bottle of honey made by Butterfly Pavilion bees
- 1 Pollinator Garden Guide written by Horticulture Director, Amy Yarger
Pollinator plant options:
Pollinator plants are already pre-sorted. You will be asked to select from these two options during the online purchasing process.
- 3 swamp milkweed / 3 butterfly milkweed
- 6 selected nectar plants (a selection of prairie coneflower, Rocky Mountain beardtongue, blanketflower, bee balm, Aspen daisy)
Images below: 1) bee balm, 2) Aspen daisy, 3) blanketflower, 4) butterfly milkweed, 5) prairie coneflower, 6) Rocky Mountain beardtongue, 7) swamp milkweed
Can't make it to Butterfly Pavilion on September 19th?
Visit us anytime from September 13th-30th to celebrate the arrival of over 200 monarch butterflies in Wings of the Tropics, Butterfly Pavilion's Tropical Conservatory. Learn more here!
- Purchase the Pollinator Garden Guide separately for just $4.99. The guide includes detailed information from Butterfly Pavilion experts on how to design, and care for, your pollinator garden, along with details on the types of plants and pollinators you’re likely to see in this region. Purchase the Garden Guide.
- Buy Rice’s Honey. A portion of proceeds from every delicious bottle sold supports Butterfly Pavilion. Find a store near you.
- Support Butterfly Pavilion's Resiliency Fund. You can make a difference for our animals and the dedicated staff who care for them by donating at butterflies.org/resiliencyfund.
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for more detailed information on the Pollinator Plant Sale. Still have questions? For members, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For the general public, contact us at email@example.com.