Butterfly Pavilion is Open!
When you’re ready to visit, Butterfly Pavilion will be here to bring the fun and engagement you and your loved ones have been missing, while ensuring your health and safety.
In order to give our guests more freedom to explore Butterfly Pavilion at their own pace, we’re transitioning to self-guided tours starting Monday, July 27, 2020.
With limited capacity, reserve your tickets in advance online to secure your spot!
We’ve designed a brand new experience using timed, self-guided tours that not only maintains social distance and sanitation, but also provides exclusive access to live animals, invertebrate experts and the inspiration that comes from exploring the diversity of nature’s hidden heroes.
Below you will find the details of the new experience and instructions for buying tickets. For more information on the items below, please see our Frequently Asked Questions
Timed Exhibit Entry
To ensure social distancing in exhibits, Butterfly Pavilion will be offering timed tickets for our guests and members. There are several details to note before purchasing tickets:
- Purchasing tickets online prior to arrival are strongly encouraged. With limited capacity, this will help guarantee that you are able to visit Butterfly Pavilion at a time that is most convenient for you!
- Guests can get in line at their scheduled entry time. With social distancing in mind, we have established safe areas within our facility where groups can wait before their self-guided tour begins.
- All guests ages 3 and above are required to wear a mask covering the mouth and nose in the facility. Masks will be available for purchase for $5 each at the Front Desk if you do not already have one.
- Visits will be limited to 80 minutes. In order to maintain social distancing and an acceptable level of people within the building, we ask that guests limit their visit to 80 minutes.
- Our expert interpretive staff will still be available within every exhibit to answer guest questions and facilitate exploration and learning.
For ticket reservations:
- General Admission will be $13 for adults, $11 for seniors (65+), $9 for children (ages 2 - 12) and free for children under age 2. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Click here to get General Admission tickets.
- Members will continue to receive free admission and must log in to their account to reserve their spot.
- Discounted Tickets: Explorer Pass holders will continue to receive $2 admission per person for up to 10 people. Guests may also continue to use free passes for General Admission. In either of these two circumstances, please call 303-469-5441 to reserve your tickets. Butterfly Pavilion will not be offering any other admission discounts at this time.
Once inside, your group will be led by exhibit staff through the facility.
Health and Safety Measures
Butterfly Pavilion is taking several steps to ensure a safe environment:
- All staff and guests ages 3 and above are required to wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose in the facility. Masks will be available for purchase for $5 each at the front desk at check-in if you do not already have one.
- All staff will conduct frequent hand-washing, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer and wear gloves when necessary. Hand sanitizing stations and sinks in the public restroom will also be available for guest use.
- All facility areas will be sanitized hourly throughout the day by our custodial team. In addition, exhibit staff will also have sanitation supplies to do additional cleaning as needed.
- Guests will not be able to hold Rosie the tarantula. However, guests will be able to touch aquatic animals in Water's Edge and Rosie will be on exhibit for guest viewing.
- The indoor play area will be closed until further notice. However, guests will continue to be able to enjoy Crawl-a-See-Em presents Survival, Water’s Edge, Wings of the Tropics, the Gift Shop and the Outdoor Gardens and Nature Trails.
We ask that you do not visit the facility if any of the following conditions apply to you:
- You have come into close contact (within 6 feet) with someone who has a laboratory confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis in the past 14 days.
- You have a fever (greater than 100.4 F or 38.0 C) or symptoms of lower respiratory illness such as cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing or sore throat.
All health and safety measures have been designed to meet requirements set by the State of Colorado and Jefferson County Public Health.
Still not ready to visit? No problem! You can experience Butterfly Pavilion virtually. Click here to see all the great programs we offer that you can enjoy from the comfort of your home. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for behind-the-scenes looks at animal care.
For more detail on the ticketing process, safety procedures and more, see our Frequently Asked Questions. For any additional assistance, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-469-5441.
Want even more info? Click here for our Operational Plan.