Spring Break Camps: Colorado Ecosystems
Discover the incredible plants & invertebrates that inhabit our local Colorado ecosystems!
March 22-26 (Adams 12, BVSD, Westminster, Adams 50)
March 29-April 2 (JeffCo)
Full Week and Single Day Options available.
Have you ever wondered how animals in your backyard are different than those in the mountains? What about plants in the prairie vs. the plants in the wetlands? Join us as we learn about the different plants and animals in the different biomes found in our home state.
Monday, March 22: Prairie
Do tarantulas migrate down South? Are prairie dogs important for ecosystem health? What about ants? Come spend the day learning about the incredible animals that help make the prairie home.
Tuesday, March 23: Wetland
Do dragonflies fly really fast? Are beavers important for wetland health? What kind of plants grow in a wetland? Come spend the day learning about the incredible animals that help make the wetland home.
Wednesday, March 24: Mountain
Have you ever wondered where our state butterfly lives? What about if beetles harm the trees in the mountains or help them? Are wolves good for the environment or do they harm the environment. Come spend the day learning about the incredible animals that help make the mountains home.
Thursday, March 25: Alpine
Does moss grow in the alpines? Do spiders live on the top of the mountains? What about butterflies? Come spend the day learning about the incredible animals that help make the alpine home.
Friday, March 26: Urban
Are honey bees the only pollinators? Do centipedes like to live in or homes? What about spiders? Come spend the day learning about the incredible animals that help make the urban home.
Day Camp Pricing
Please note: Payment is due at the time of registration. Scholarships are available for up to 50% of camp cost for qualifying students. If you are applying for a scholarship, you must fill out the scholarship application form.
- Full Day 9am-4pm: Non-member: $60, member $50
- Half Day: 9am-12pm: Non-member $36, member $30
- Full Week Full Day 9am-4pm: Non-member: $265, member $240
- Full Week Half Day: 9am-12pm: Non-member: $155, member $135
Extended Care Options
- Early Drop Off (8 am - 8:45 am): $10
- Late Pick Up (4:15 - 5:00 pm): $10
Butterfly Pavilion camps are designed to provide memorable experiences that connect kids to nature and encourage an appreciation for science. Space is limited and pre-registration is required.
All Butterfly Pavilion camps feature...
- Hands-on activities that are engaging, informative, appeal to a variety of interests and abilities.
- Opportunities to explore Butterfly Pavilion and experience the plants and animals that call it home.
- Fun and exciting topics representing a range of STEAM disciplines.
- Enthusiastic, knowledgeable and experienced counselors who will inspire, and care for, your camper.
If you have feedback or want to see other fall offerings, please fill out our fall program survey here!