Seasonal Kids Camps at Butterfly Pavilion
Butterfly Pavilion camps are designed to provide memorable experiences that connect kids to nature and encourage an appreciation for science. Space is limited and pre-registration is required.
All Butterfly Pavilion camps feature…
- Hands-on activities that are engaging, informative, appeal to a variety of interests and abilities.
- Opportunities to explore Butterfly Pavilion and experience the plants and animals that call it home.
- Fun and exciting topics representing a range of STEAM disciplines.
- Enthusiastic, knowledgeable and experienced counselors who will inspire, and care for, your camper.
Friday Fall Camps
PLEASE NOTE: Due to recent developments around COVID-19 in Colorado, Butterfly Pavilion will be limiting our camp registration to 10 students per camp room (20 total campers) per day to encourage social distancing. We are making many modifications and taking many precautions in preparation for a safe, fun in-person summer camp and we will update parents and this site if this changes.
If you have questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Fall Friday Camps
This fall we will be having a full day and half day camp-style workshops every Friday to support learners ages 5-12. Whether your kiddo is doing remote learning, in-person, or a hybrid – we know that many districts are only having a 4-day week Mon-Thurs, so we are here to support your families and children with fun, interactive themes with a safe cohort of students each week!
- Friday September 18:Monarch Magic – Does one Monarch butterfly actually travel 3,000 miles for their migration? What do scientists do to track this amazing migration? Come join us for a day and learn about citizen science and what makes the monarch so magical.
- Friday September 25: Bug Sounds – Have you ever wondered why insects are so noisy at night? Are they talking to each other or are they trying to keep you up at night? Join us while we learn about the noisiest bugs and why they create such beautiful music at night.
- Friday October 2: Bug Beauties- Do you think spiders are cute? What about a praying mantis? Can moths be prettier than butterflies? Come in for a fun-filled day where you will be surprised by the bugs that you used to think were scary, can actually be very beautiful.
- Friday October 9: Lucas the Spider –Who is Lucas the Spider? Why is he so popular? Come learn why we love Lucas so much and why he made people fall in love with spiders!
*Jeffco Fall Break Camp Thursday and Friday Oct 15-16*
- Thursday October 15: Diary of a Spider –Is the life of a spider actually as exciting as the book Diary of a Spider? Come join us for a day in the life of a spider and see how exciting their life truly is!
- Friday October 16: Bugs Around the World –Have you ever seen pictures of the giant spiders in Australia? What about the weird jellies washing up on the shores in South America? Can bugs survive the harsh conditions in the Antarctic? Come learn about the incredible bugs that call the different continents home.
- Friday October 23: Are You Stronger than a Bug? – Can you lift 10 times your body weight? What about 100? What bug would most likely win in a strength contest? Come join us in learning about the amazing bugs that are stronger than they look!
- Friday October 30: Voracious Predators – Dragonflies, spiders and sea stars, who is the top predator of this bug – eat – bug world? Come join us for a day for the different ways these bugs survive in order to thrive.
Fall Friday Camp Pricing
Please note: Payment is due at the time of registration. Scholarships are available for up to 50% of camp cost for qualifying students. If you are applying for a scholarship, you must fill out the scholarship application form.
- Full Day 9am-4pm: Non-member: $60, member $50
- Half Day: 9am-12pm: Non-member $36, member $30
Extended Care Options
- Early Drop Off (8 am – 8:45 am): $10
- Late Pick Up (4:15 – 5:00 pm): $10
If you have feedback or want to see other fall offerings, please fill out our fall program survey here!