Summer Teen Volunteer Program
Applications for Summer 2022 are now open!
Summer teen volunteers must be age 13 or older, friendly, curious, and able to enthusiastically interact with Butterfly Pavilion guests of all ages and diverse backgrounds. The Summer Teen Program is designed for those with an interest in invertebrate animals, global conservation issues, and/or education. Summer teens will gain valuable science-related and work experience through their volunteer service and will complete an independent project to present at the end of the summer.
- Must be at least 13 and in or entering high school in fall
- Must be able to attend required training June 12 and project presentation session August 18
- Must be able to commit to a schedule of one full day or two half-days of volunteer service per week during the summer program
During the Program, Summer Teen Volunteer will:
- Learn all about invertebrate animals and their habitats
- Understand global conservation threats and how you can positively impact the future of these species
- Interact with our guests of all ages, providing interpretation at a variety of interactive discovery stations
- Develop professional communication skills
- Gain work experience, working independently and as part of a professional team
- Work independently to create a presentation about a favorite volunteer activity or learning experience during your summer. At the end of the summer, virtually present a poster to staff, volunteers, and special guests – parents and family invited!
Contact Olivia at email@example.com for questions.