Join the Butterfly Pavilion team!
Summer Teen Volunteers learn about our awesome invertebrate animals, provide hands-on exhibit interpretation, and engage with our guests.
Summer teen volunteers must be friendly, curious, and able to enthusiastically interact with Butterfly Pavilion guests of all ages and diverse backgrounds. The Summer Teen Program is designed for those with an interest in invertebrate animals, global conservation issues, and/or education. Summer teens will gain valuable science-related and work experience through their volunteer service and will complete an independent project to present at the end of the summer.
- Must be at least age 14 and in or entering high school in fall.
- Must be able to attend required training (June 2, 2020, 9 AM-4:30 PM) and poster presentation session (August 4, 2020, 5-6:30 PM).
- Must be able to commit to a schedule of one full day or two half-days of volunteer service per week during the summer.
During the Program, Summer Teen Volunteers will:
- Learn all about invertebrate animals and their habitats
- Understand global conservation threats and how you can positively impact the future of these species
- Interact with our guests of all ages, providing interpretation at a variety of interactive discovery stations.
- Develop professional communication skills
- Gain work experience working independently and as part of a professional team
- Help with special events and programs, such as: outdoors projects, working with children, camps
- Work independently to create a presentation about a favorite volunteer activity or learning experience during your summer. At the end of the summer, present a poster to staff, volunteers, and special guests – parents and family invited!