Summer Teen Volunteer Program
Learn about awesome invertebrate animals and provide hands-on interpretation in our exhibits!
Recruitment for the summer 2019 Summer Teen Volunteer Program has closed. Please check back in early 2020 for information about our next Summer Teen Program opportunities.
Key Duties & Activities:
- Learn about invertebrate animals, their habitats, and the conservation issues they face, while gaining interpretation skills through a comprehensive training course.
- Interact with our guests of all ages, providing education and interpretation at a variety of interactive stations in Butterfly Pavilion exhibits.
- Assist in other Butterfly Pavilion operations including horticulture, guest surveys, newsletter writing, and youth programs. Options vary based upon schedule.
- Work independently to create a poster presentation about a volunteer activity or learning experience during your summer. At the end of the season, present your poster to staff, volunteers, and special guests.
- Attend engaging events including a kickoff party, field trip, skill building workshop, end-of-season awards, and more opportunities to explore your interests while having a great time!
- Must be 13-17 yrs of age AND in or entering high school in the fall.
- Have an interest in invertebrates, conservation, or education.
- Must be able to enthusiastically interact with Butterfly Pavilion guests of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- 60 hours of volunteer training and service between June 6 and August 8, 2019.
- A regular weekly schedule of one full day or two half days, totaling at least 8 hours per week.
- Attendance at scheduled orientation and training.