Summer Teen Volunteer Program
Learn about awesome invertebrate animals and provide hands-on interpretation in our exhibits!
Key Duties & Activities:
- Learn about invertebrate animals, their habitats, and the conservation issues they face, while gaining interpretation skills through a comprehensive training course.
- Interact with our guests of all ages, providing education and interpretation at a variety of interactive stations in Butterfly Pavilion exhibits.
- Assist in other Butterfly Pavilion operations including horticulture, guest surveys, newsletter writing, and youth programs. Options vary based upon schedule.
- Work independently to create a poster presentation about a volunteer activity or learning experience during your summer. At the end of the season, present your poster to staff, volunteers, and special guests.
- Attend engaging events including a kickoff party, field trip, skill building workshop, end-of-season awards, and more opportunities to explore your interests while having a great time!
- Must be 13-17 yrs of age AND in or entering high school in 2019.
- Have an interest in invertebrates, conservation, or education.
- Must be able to enthusiastically interact with Butterfly Pavilion guests of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- 60 hours of volunteer training and service between June 6 and August 8, 2019.
- A regular weekly schedule of one full day or two half days, totaling at least 8 hours per week.
- Attendance at orientation and training on Thu, Jun 6, 9:00am – 5:00pm* (*New Summer Teen Volunteer applicants MUST attend orientation and training on Thu, Jun 6, 9:00am – 5:00pm in order to participate.)
Apply by April 20th, 2019: Complete our online application (click below) and submit 1 letter of recommendation to email@example.com by April 20th.