Pollinated and Pressed
Welcome to "Pollinated and Pressed," a three-part Family Nature Club series at Butterfly Pavilion where you will learn about pollination and flower anatomy through plant dissections and flower pressing!
August 27 2023, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM The Inside Scoop on Pollination
- Join us for an immersive journey into the fascinating world of flowers and their anatomy that allows for pollination. This event offers a unique opportunity to dissect flowers and truly see how pollination is possible. You will also witness pollinators in action, doing the magic that turns flowers into seeds!
September 17 2023, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM Pressing for Success
- Whether you’re an aspiring botanist, a nature enthusiast, or simply love flowers, you will enjoy this workshop where you can learn how to safely harvest and press flowers with the goal of turning them into beautiful works of art! The techniques we teach in this session can then also be used at home to expand your pressed flower collection!
October 22 2023, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM Floral Fantascience
- Bring your pressed flowers (we can also provide some for you) and turn them into beautiful scientific art by mounting the flowers on herbarium paper, while learning how to label the parts! Build your skills and make something beautiful!
- Member: $10 for adults; $8 for kids
- Non-member: $12 for adults; $10 for kids
- Discounted exhibit admission available