Take your young explorers on a captivating journey into the enchanting world of fluttering butterflies and mysterious moths. Delve into the secrets of their remarkable life cycles in this interactive class. Sign up now and watch as your students spread their wings of curiosity and discover the hidden wonders of metamorphosis.
Curriculum Standards Supported
Colorado Science Standards
- SC09-GR.PREK-S.2-GLE.1 Living things have characteristics and basic needs
- SC09-GR.PREK-S.2-GLE.2 Living things develop in predictable patterns
- SC09-GR.K-S.2-GLE.1 Organisms can be described and sorted by their physical characteristics
- SC09-GR.1-S.2-GLE.2 An organism is a living thing that has physical characteristics to help it survive
- SC09-GR.2-S.2-GLE.1 Organisms depend on their habitat’s nonliving parts to satisfy their needs
- SC09-GR.2-S.2-GLE.2 Each plant or animal has different structures or behaviors that serve different functions
- SC09-GR.3-S.2-GLE.1 The duration and timing of life cycle events such as reproduction and longevity vary across organisms and species
Next Generation Science Standards
- K-ESS3-1 Use a model to represent the relationship between the needs of different plants or animals and the places they live.
- 1-LS1-1 Use materials to design a solution to a human problem by mimicking how plants and /or animals use their external parts to help them survive, grow and meet their needs.
- 1-LS1-2 Read texts and use media to determine patterns in behaviors of parents and offspring that help offspring survive.
- 2-LS4-1 Make observations of plants and animals to compare the diversity of life in different habitats.
- 3-LS4-4 Make a claim about the merit of a solution to a problem caused when the environment changes and the types of plants and animals that live there may change.