Kids, Ages 5-12, Nature Camps at Butterfly Pavilion
Join us for our out of school day camps below! *Please note, we close camp registration the Friday or Wednesday before the camp start date at 12:00 pm, noon. You will not be able to sign up for camps after registration closes. Thank you for your understanding.*
Out of School Day Camps
PLEASE NOTE: Due to recent developments around COVID-19 in Colorado, Butterfly Pavilion has been following strict guidelines to keep campers and our staff safe. Please see our COVID-19 FAQ below. We are following CDC guidelines to continue providing a safe, fun in-person camp and we will update parents and this site if this changes.
If you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
Upcoming Winter Break Camps:
Wednesday, December 21
Bioluminescence: What is bioluminescence? What bugs have bioluminescence? Come explore with us how animals make their own light and how they use it!
Thursday, December 22
Biofluorescence: What is biofluorescence? What bugs have biofluorescence? Come explore with us how animals make their own light and how they use it!
Friday, December 23
Bug Bites: Have you ever eaten a bug? Do you think bugs are in your food? Spend the day learning about how bugs influence our food and how you may have tasted one before!
*Campers will be given the opportunity to try a cooked bug
Tuesday, December 27
Amazon Rainforest Forest Floor Layer: Are the bugs on the Amazon rainforest floor giant? Are there really tarantulas that can eat birds there? Come spend the day with us as we explore the Amazon Rainforest floor layer and the animals that call it home!
Wednesday, December 28
Amazon Rainforest Understory Layer: What is the Amazon understory layer? What kinds of bugs live there? Come spend the day with us as we explore the Amazon Rainforest understory layer and the bugs that call it home!
Thursday, December 29
Amazon Rainforest Canopy Layer: A multiverse of species was just discovered in the Amazon Rainforest canopy layer! Come spend the day with us as we dive into this multiverse and explore the newly discovered animals that call it home!
Friday, December 30
Amazon Rainforest Emergent Layer: What is the Amazon Rainforest emergent layer? Do any bugs live there? Come spend the day with us we explore the Amazon Rainforest emergent layer and the bugs that call it home!
Monday, January 2
Bug Gossip 101: Do bugs talk with each other? How do they communicate? Come spend the day with us while we explore the world of bug communication and the different ways that they communicate!
Tuesday, January 3
Praying Mantis 101: Are praying mantis insects or arachnids? Why do some look like flowers and others look like leaves? Come spend the day with us as we explore the world of praying mantises!
Wednesday, January 4
Masters of Disguise: Who is better at camouflaging, a cuttlefish or an octopus? Do some bugs really look like flowers? Come spend the day with us as we explore the bugs that camouflage and what makes them masters of disguise!
MLK Day January 16
Beauty of Bright Bugs: What’s brighter, bioluminescence in the water or a firefly? Do they use their light for communication or to find their way in the dark? Come explore with us how different animals make their own light and who is the brightest bug!
Day Camp Pricing
Please note: Payment is due at the time of registration. Scholarships are available for up to 50% of camp cost for qualifying students. If you are applying for a scholarship, you must fill out the scholarship application form.
- Full Day 9am-4pm: Non-member: $60, member $50
- Half Day: 9am-12pm: Non-member $36, member $30
Extended Care Options
- Early Drop Off (8 am – 8:45 am): $10
- Late Pick Up (4:15 – 5:00 pm): $10
If we need to cancel a camp prior to the start of camp, families will receive a 100% refund. This includes any instances under which a COVID 19 related change in local, state, or federal regulations makes it impossible for Butterfly Pavilion to deliver camp. If Butterfly Pavilion has to cancel a portion of a camp that has already started in accordance with Jefferson County Public Health guidelines due to a camper’s suspected or actual COVID-19 illness, families will receive a 100% credit for the unused portion of the camp to be used through summer 2023 or a 50% refund.
COVID-19 Health Cancellation: If a camper is diagnosed with COVID-19 or has any symptoms as defined within current Jefferson County Public Health guidelines pertaining to COVID-19 for day care centers or camps that require the camper not attend camp, families will receive a 100% credit for the unused portion of the camp to be used through Summer 2023 or a 50% refund. In all other instances, Butterfly Pavilion’s standard cancellation policy remains in effect:
• Cancellations with at least 10 business days’ notice will be charged a 10% processing fee, and remainder of cost will be refunded to customer
• All cancellations and transfers must be made via e-mail to the Camp Director at least 10 business days before the date of the camp and will be charged a 10% processing fee, with the remainder of the cost refunded to the customer
• Transfers may only be made into camps that still have availability
• No refund is given for cancellation with less than 5 business days’ notice. This includes absence due to illness
• A full refund will be given to the customer if the Butterfly Pavilion cancels a camp for any reason
Butterfly Pavilion camps are designed to provide memorable experiences that connect kids to nature and encourage an appreciation for science. Space is limited and pre-registration is required.
All Butterfly Pavilion camps feature…
- Hands-on activities that are engaging, informative, appeal to a variety of interests and abilities.
- Opportunities to explore Butterfly Pavilion and experience the plants and animals that call it home.
- Fun and exciting topics representing a range of STEAM disciplines.
- Enthusiastic, knowledgeable and experienced counselors who will inspire, and care for, your camper.
- Content is intended for children ages 5-12 years old