Butterfly Pavilion is the first stand-alone, Association of Zoos and Aquariums-accredited non-profit invertebrate zoo in the world. Our immersive exhibits provide guests the opportunity to discover the wonders of nature's hidden heroes through hands on, interactive experiences catered to all ages.
We are conveniently located just 15 minutes from downtown Denver off Hwy 36 at 104th Avenue at 6252 W. 104th Avenue Westminster, CO 80020.
When you’re ready to visit, Butterfly Pavilion will be here to bring the fun and engagement you and your loved ones have been missing, while ensuring your health and safety. In accordance with Jefferson County Public Health guidelines, Masks are OPTIONAL within this facility as of Saturday, February 12, 2022.
We’ve raised our capacity limits to 300 people per hour, so we’re able to accept ticket purchases at the ticket window, although online reservations are still encouraged. Library membership and EBT cardholders can purchase tickets at the ticket window as well.
Below you will find the details of the new experience and instructions for buying tickets. For more information on the items below, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.
Hours of Operation
- Starting September 7th, Butterfly Pavilion will be open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm with timed entry. Doors to the facility close at 4:15pm.
- We are closed on the fourth Thursday of November (Thanksgiving Day) and December 25th (Christmas Day).
- We close early on December 24th (Christmas Eve) with last entrance at 12:00 pm, closing at 1 pm, and on December 31st (New Year’s Eve) with last entrance at 2:00 pm, 3:00 pm.
- We open late on January 1st (New Years Day) with first entrance at 11 am.
Timed Exhibit Entry
With capacity restrictions raised to 300 people per hour, we are no longer requiring online reservations. We are keeping online reservations, however, for those who wish to secure their spot, as well as to provide information on the capacity remaining when you choose to visit. We’re also keeping timed entry to promote social distancing in exhibits. Along those lines, we encourage you to show up any time during the hour of your timed visit. This will help spread people out and make sure everyone isn’t showing up at once.
A few other details to note:
- Both sets of entry doors are now open. The doors on your right will be for Members and Online Reservations, and the doors on the left will be for people purchasing tickets.
- Guests can arrive any time during their scheduled entry time. This provides additionally flexibility and will help promote social distancing. No matter when you come in, you’ll have as much time as you need to enjoy the facility!
- In accordance with the Jefferson County Public Health Order, masks are optional in our facility.
For ticket reservations:
- General Admission will be $14.5 for adults, $12.50 for seniors (65+), $9.50 for children (ages 2 – 12) and free for children under age 2. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Click here to get General Admission tickets.
- Members will continue to receive free admission.
- Discounted Tickets: Explorer Pass holders will continue to receive $2 admission per person for up to 10 people. Guests may also continue to use free passes for General Admission.
Health and Safety Measures
Butterfly Pavilion is taking several steps to ensure a safe environment:
- Masks are strongly recommended. Per state of Colorado “clear” guidelines, masks are no longer required for children under 12 or fully-vaccinated adults. Masks will be available for purchase for $5 each at the Front Desk if you do not already have one.
- All staff will conduct frequent hand-washing, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer and wear gloves when necessary. Hand sanitizing stations and sinks in the public restroom will also be available for guest use.
- All facility areas will be sanitized hourly throughout the day by our custodial team. In addition, exhibit staff will also have sanitation supplies to do additional cleaning as needed.
Click here to view our photography policy.