Butterfly Pavilion is the first stand-alone, Association of Zoos and Aquariums-accredited non-profit invertebrate zoo in the world. Our immersive exhibits provide guests the opportunity to discover the wonders of nature's hidden heroes through hands on, interactive experiences catered to all ages.
We are conveniently located just 15 minutes from downtown Denver off Hwy 36 at 104th Avenue at 6252 W. 104th Avenue Westminster, CO 80020
Hours of Operation
- Butterfly Pavilion is open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm with timed entry. Doors to the facility close at 4:15pm.
- We are closed on the fourth Thursday of November (Thanksgiving Day) and December 25th (Christmas Day).
- We close early on December 24th (Christmas Eve) with last entrance at 12:00 pm, closing at 1 pm, and on December 31st (New Year’s Eve) with last entrance at 2:00 pm, 3:00 pm.
- We open late on January 1st (New Years Day) with first entrance at 11 am.
Timed Exhibit Entry
With capacity restrictions raised to 300 people per hour, we are no longer requiring online reservations. We are keeping online reservations, however, for those who wish to secure their spot, as well as to provide information on the capacity remaining when you choose to visit. We’re also keeping timed entry to promote social distancing in exhibits. Along those lines, we encourage you to show up any time during the hour of your timed visit. This will help spread people out and make sure everyone isn’t showing up at once.
A few other details to note:
- Both sets of entry doors are now open. The doors on your right will be for Members and Online Reservations, and the doors on the left will be for people purchasing tickets.
- Guests can arrive any time during their scheduled entry time. This provides additionally flexibility and will help promote social distancing. No matter when you come in, you’ll have as much time as you need to enjoy the facility!
- In accordance with the Jefferson County Public Health Order, masks are optional in our facility.
For ticket reservations:
- General Admission will be $14.5 for adults, $12.50 for seniors (65+), $9.50 for children (ages 2 – 12) and free for children under age 2. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Click here to get General Admission tickets.
- Members will continue to receive free admission.
- Discounted Tickets: Explorer Pass holders will continue to receive $2 admission per person for up to 10 people. Guests may also continue to use free passes for General Admission.
Health and Safety Measures
Butterfly Pavilion is taking several steps to ensure a safe environment:
- Masks are strongly recommended. Per state of Colorado “clear” guidelines, masks are no longer required for children under 12 or fully-vaccinated adults.
- All staff will conduct frequent hand-washing, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer and wear gloves when necessary. Hand sanitizing stations and sinks in the public restroom will also be available for guest use.
- All facility areas will be sanitized hourly throughout the day by our custodial team. In addition, exhibit staff will also have sanitation supplies to do additional cleaning as needed.
Three Day Weekends
We’re excited to offer our guests the new Butterfly Pavilion Three-Day Weekend. Every Monday beginning September 19, 2022, we won’t schedule school groups or other large groups, easing the crowding guests might find on the weekends or mornings during the school year.
For those who can’t come on a Monday, you can still find off-peak times to enjoy Butterfly Pavilion. In general, the best time to visit Butterfly Pavilion during the week is after 1 pm as early mornings are the best times for school groups. On the weekends, it’s generally better to show up early, right when we open, and the busiest time is 2 pm to 4 pm.
Reserving your tickets online is the best way to find out how many people will be in the facility when you plan to come. If you navigate to our ticketing page, view the calendar, and then hover over the time slots, you’ll see how many spots are still available. You can also visit our “Current Occupancy” page to see how many guests are in the building in real-time!
We hope you’ll join us on Mondays for a fun, safe, educational experience connecting with fascinating invertebrates – the tiny giants on whom our world depends.