Butterfly Pavilion is the first stand-alone, Association of Zoos and Aquariums-accredited non-profit invertebrate zoo in the world. Our immersive exhibits provide guests the opportunity to discover the wonders of nature's hidden heroes through hands on, interactive experiences catered to all ages.
Tickets reservations are now open and may be reserved online only.
Facility opens to members starting Friday, June 12
Facility opens to the general public starting Saturday, June 13
We are conveniently located just 15 minutes from downtown Denver off Hwy 36 at 104th Avenue at 6252 W. 104th Avenue Westminster, CO 80020.
When you’re ready to visit, Butterfly Pavilion will be here to bring the fun and engagement you and your loved ones have been missing, while ensuring your health and safety. We’ve designed a brand new experience using timed, small group tours that not only maintains social distance and sanitation, but also provides exclusive access to live animals, invertebrate experts and the inspiration that comes from exploring the diversity of nature’s hidden heroes.
Below you will find the details of the new experience and instructions for buying tickets. For more information on the items below, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.
Timed Exhibit Entry
To ensure social distancing in exhibits, Butterfly Pavilion will be offering timed tickets. There are several details to note before purchasing tickets:
- Ticket reservations must be reserved online prior to arrival. Guests will not be able to reserve tickets at the Front Desk.
- Guests should get in line at their scheduled entry time. Please do not get in line prior to your scheduled time.
- All guests ages 3 and above will be required to wear a mask covering the mouth and nose in the facility. Masks will be available for purchase for $5 each at the Front Desk if you do not already have one.
For ticket reservations:
- General Admission will be $13 for adults, $11 for seniors (65+), $9 for children (ages 2 – 12) and free for children under age 2. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Click here to get General Admission tickets.
- Members will continue to receive free admission and must log in to their account to reserve their spot.
- Discounted Tickets: Explorer Pass holders will continue to receive $2 admission per person for up to 10 people. Guests may also continue to use free passes for General Admission. In either of these two circumstances, please call 303-469-5441 to reserve your tickets. Butterfly Pavilion will not be offering any other admission discounts at this time.
Once inside, your group will be led by exhibit staff through the facility.
Health and Safety Measures
Butterfly Pavilion is taking several steps to ensure a safe environment:
- All staff and guests ages 3 and above are required to wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose in the facility. Masks will be available for purchase for $5 each at the front desk at check-in if you do not already have one.
- All staff will conduct frequent hand-washing, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer and wear gloves when necessary. Hand sanitizing stations and sinks in the public restroom will also be available for guest use.
- All facility areas will be sanitized hourly throughout the day by our custodial team. In addition, exhibit staff will also have sanitation supplies to do additional cleaning as needed.
- Guests will not be able to hold Rosie the tarantula or dig for worms in the Dugout. However, guests will be able to touch aquatic animals in Water’s Edge and Rosie will be on exhibit for guest viewing.
- The indoor play area will be closed until further notice. However, guests will continue to be able to enjoy Crawl-a-See-Em presents Survival, Water’s Edge, Wings of the Tropics, the Gift Shop and the Outdoor Gardens and Nature Trails.
We ask that you do not visit the facility if any of the following conditions apply to you:
- You have come into close contact (within 6 feet) with someone who has a laboratory confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis in the past 14 days.
- You have a fever (greater than 100.4 F or 38.0 C) or symptoms of lower respiratory illness such as cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing or sore throat.
All health and safety measures have been designed to meet requirements set by the State of Colorado and Jefferson County Public Health.
Hours of Operation
Due to new health and safety requirements, Butterfly Pavilion is now open seven days a week year round from 9 am – 5:30 pm. Tickets must be reserved online prior to arrival.
We are closed on the fourth Thursday of November (Thanksgiving Day) and December 25th (Christmas Day).
We close early on December 24th (Christmas Eve) with last entrance at 12:15 pm, closing at 1 pm, and on December 31st (New Year’s Eve) with last entrance at 2:15 pm, closing at 3 pm.
We open late on January 1st (New Years Day) with first entrance at 11 am.
Click here to view our photography policy.