Scout Classes at Butterfly Pavilion
Meet your Girl or Boy Scout badge requirements by scheduling one of our fun, inquiry-based classes! (& other fun scout opportunities!)
These 40 minute programs are offered weekday afternoons and Saturdays based on availability. Classes must be reserved at least 2 weeks in advance.
Girl Scout Bug Badge Class:
- See bugs in action
- Explore bug homes
- Take a bug field trip
- Try a bug craft!
Boy Scout Insect Study Badge Class:
- Tell how insects are different from all other animals.
- Show how insects are different from centipedes and spiders.
- Point out and name the main parts of an insect.
- Describe the characteristics that distinguish the principal families and orders of insects.
- Compare the life histories of a butterfly and a grasshopper. Tell how they are different.
- Tell things that make social insects different from solitary insects.
- Tell how insects fit in the food chains of other insects, fish, birds, and mammals.
Cost for Badge Class:
Group Admission + $25 class cost per group.
Group Admission – for groups of 10 or more paying guests.
- Adult – $10
- Seniors (65+) – $8
- Children (2-12) – $6
- Children (under 2) – FREE
- Class – $25
Have questions or want to know what other scout options we have? Just email Marissa at email@example.com.
Boy Scout Day - April 20, 2019 - 10am-3pm
Mark your calendars for one wild time! Cub scouts are taking over Butterfly Pavilion on April 20 for a special day just for you! Join us for a day of fun activities, animal encounters, outdoor explorations to meet your adventure requirements, and much more!
Boy Scout Day Includes:
- Access to all of our indoor and outdoor exhibits!
- Scout self-guided scavenger hunt (which can tick off many requirements!)
- A full schedule of scout programs, all centered on outdoor exploration, respect for plants and wildlife, and making our world a better place!
- Several activity stations set up throughout the Pavilion for groups to explore at their own pace
- A certificate for having attended Cub Scout Day at Butterfly Pavilion!
- Vendors with more games, crafts and activities!
- Individual Adults: $12 (members $5)
- Individual Scouts and accompanying siblings ages 2-12: $8 (members $5)
- Children under 2: FREE
We are happy to offer group rates for troops if you meet the following criteria:
- There are 10 or more guests in your group.
- You pay for the entire group with one payment.
- Scout leaders will get in for free with 10 or more scouts
- Basic scout troop pricing is:
Adults: $10.00 (after 2 adults)
Children(2-12): $6.00 (after 8 scouts)
Under 2: Free, as always
*includes general admission as well as extra scout activities.
- Please note:
- For Leaders: Scouts will still need to purchase the badges that they earn directly through Girl Scouts, but we will have discounted Butterfly Pavilion badges and patches available in the gift shop to commemorate your experience!
- For Groups: Siblings are welcome, please list them as a child ticket. One adult per group required. Must pay for the entire group with one payment. Advanced tickets are required.
- Receiving Tickets: The group leader will receive one ticket for the whole group, so your entire group must all be present to enter.
- Refunds, exchanges or transfers: Girl Scout Day at Butterfly Pavilion issues no refunds, exchanges or transfers. Please do your best to get an accurate group count upon purchasing, as you will not be able to receive a refund.