Family Science Nights
Introducing Butterfly Pavilion’s new monthly Family Science Nights for only $5 per person!
5:30 – 7:30 p.m. on the 5th of every month!
Experience Family Science Nights at Butterfly Pavilion for the unbeatable price of $5 per person! At these events, you can explore our exhibits after hours and enjoy self guided activities at themed stations scattered through the exhibits! As a bonus, upon completing all activities, each family member earns a special sticker and enjoys a 10% discount in our gift shop! Make your family nights memorable with our affordable and educational after-hours experience! Registration required! Ticket sales will close at 6:30pm on the day of the event, and admission to the event will also end at that time.
Every month is a new theme, check the list below and pre-register tickets for the nights you want to attend!
March 5: Women in STEM
- What do you think a scientist looks like? During the activities of this event, you will experience many ways to become a scientist and learn about STEM by interpreting our exhibits through a whole new lens!
April 5: Unlikely Friendships
- Did you know lots of invertebrates are friends with vertebrates? Discover the unlikely friendship pairings between animals like tarantulas and frogs, or otters and urchins!
May 5: How do invertebrates take care of humans?
- Invertebrates play an important role in making the earth a safe and healthy place for humans to live! Explore all the ways invertebrates living in all different habitats make this world a better place!
June 5: Pollinators and Plants: A Story of Coevolution
- How did plants and pollinators become so reliant on each other? Discover the stories of pollinators and plants through the lens of coevolution!
July 5: What’s for Dinner?
- Explore the intricate food webs of the invertebrate world!
August 5: The Patterns of Nature
- Discover the patterns and repetitions we see throughout all species!
September 5: Invertebrate Creations!
- Invertebrates are hard at work, and they aren’t just making honey! Find out what else invertebrates spend their time making!
October: No Family Science Night!
November 5: Migration Magic!
- Invertebrates are on the move – but where are they going? Learn all about habitats, geography, mapping and more!
December 5: The Myths and Legends of Invertebrates
- Story telling through the exhibits! Invertebrates have been the subject of lore through the ages – learn the stories create your own!
- Non-members: $5.00
- Members: $4.50
- There is a maximum of 250 participants, so purchase tickets now!