Pollinators Miniworld (Clouded Sulphur Butterfly) - Preserved Butterfly Terrarium
June 1st, 2024, 10:00 –12:00 p.m.
Learn how to build your own Preserved Miniworld in this exciting class.
Taught by The Terrorium Shop, Denver’s natural history store, you will learn how to assemble a beautiful, preserved display showcasing elements of nature. Put your own spin on this itty-bitty world and have it for years to treasure.
This class will start out with a short lecture on native pollinators by the Butterfly Pavilion and then go into the art portion. Understanding the significance of pollinators in ecosystems helps us appreciate their role in nature’s balance and encourages efforts to protect and conserve these creatures and their habitats. The specimen we will be working with is a Colorado native butterfly, Colias philodice.
Included is one 2.25″x 3.75″ glass dome with cork base (pictured), 1 mounted Sulphur butterfly specimen (Colias philodice), crystals, dried botanicals, and moss.
Instructor: Terrorium Shop
- $80 Non-Member
- $75 Member
- Learn the art of building Preserved Miniworlds from The Terrorium Shop, Denver’s natural history store.
- Customize your own miniature world using a 2.25″x 3.75″ glass dome with a cork base.
- Explore the beauty of nature with a mounted Sulphur butterfly specimen (Colias philodice) native to Colorado.
- Engage in a short lecture on native pollinators by Butterfly Pavilion to enhance your understanding of the featured butterfly.
- Express your creativity by incorporating crystals, dried botanicals, and moss into your preserved display.
- Craft a unique and beautiful piece of art that you can cherish for years to come.
- Receive hands-on guidance and expertise from The Terrorium Shop throughout the class.
- Combine science and art as you assemble a captivating showcase of natural elements.
- Take home your completed Preserved Miniworld, displaying your personalized touch and the beauty of Colorado’s native butterfly.