This class allows your students to embark on a captivating adventure through the natural world, from lush forests to harsh desert to their own backyard! In this interactive class, young explorers will journey alongside incredible invertebrates to explore their habitats and unravel the vital roles these tiny heroes play in ecosystems both near and far. Whether it’s the vast ocean or an enchanting meadow, our students will discover the secrets of these remarkable creatures and learn how they keep the web of life spinning. Sign up now and nurture a deeper connection to our world’s diverse habitats!
Curriculum Standards Supported:
Colorado Science Standards
- LS09-GR.1-S.2-GLE.2 An organism is a living thing that has physical characteristics to help it survive
Next Generation Science Standards
- 1-LS2-1 All organism have external parts that they used to perform daily functions.
- 2-LS2-2 A range of different organisms live in different places.
- 2-LS4-1 Make observations of plants and animals to compare the diversity of life in different habitats.
- 3-LS2-1 Construct an argument that some animals form groups that help members survive.
- 3-LS2-2 Being part of a group helps animals obtain food, defend themselves and cope with changes.